The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying Email Problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by vlee, Jan 2, 2013.

1. vlee

vlee Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I uninstalled Avast last Friday night to see if it would fix the issue. It did not resolve the issue. So I uninstalled Outlook 2010 and reinstalled a fresh copy of Outlook 2010 and still did not resolve this issue.

So with no Antivirus installed and Fresh copy of Outlook 2010 installed. Why am I still seeing this in the body content of the email below. Something changed within the last 5 to 7 days. It was working before that without these below.

Content preview: This email is never sent unsolicited. You have received this email because you activated your SEO Tools in your webhosting control panel. (cPanel) unsubscribe Welcome! You have joined over 2.7 million sites building their search traffic with Attracta® [...] Content analysis details: (1.8 points, 5.0 required) pts rule name description ---- ---------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -0.0 RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE RBL: Sender listed at dnswl.org - Protect against false positives, no trust [74.91.90.141 listed in list.dnswl.org] -0.0 SPF_PASS SPF: sender matches SPF record 0.6 HTML_IMAGE_RATIO_04 BODY: HTML has a low ratio of text to image area 0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message 1.1 MIME_HTML_ONLY BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts 0.1 DKIM_SIGNED Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not necessarily valid 0.0 T_DKIM_INVALID DKIM-Signature header exists but is not valid X-Spam-Flag: NO

Any ideas how to fix this?

2. vlee

vlee Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I found this /http://www.toao.net/506-fixing-spamassassin-spamham-reports-on-cpanel-servers
    But /scripts/postupcp file does not exist any more

So is there any fix for this issue.

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  4. vlee

vlee Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well I followed the instructions from this website
    /http://www.toao.net/506-fixing-spamassassin-spamham-reports-on-cpanel-servers

Add the following code below to your /scripts/postupcp file, or create it with execute permissions if it doesn't exist since the postupcp file did not exist I created it.

Code:
    # Fix spam/ham reports
    if ! grep -q "clear_report_template" /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
    then
    echo "
    clear_report_template
    report Spam detection software, running on the system _HOSTNAME_, has
    report identified this incoming email as possible spam.  The original message
    report has been attached to this so you can view it (if it isn't spam) or label
    report similar future email.  If you have any questions, see
    report _CONTACTADDRESS_ for details.
    report Content preview:  _PREVIEW_
    report Content analysis details:   (_SCORE_ points, _REQD_ required)
    report   pts rule name              description
    report  ---- ---------------------- -----------------------------------------
    report _SUMMARY_
    " >> /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
    /sbin/service exim restart
    fi

Well waited over night and this worked. Please Note: I do not use AVG just Outlook 2010

This is a problem because folding continuation lines cannot contain only white space, so the header is invalid. The result is that the report or other headers may appear in the body of the email if you use an email client such as Outlook, or AVG's email scanner. Also, the subject may not appear.

cPanel needs to look into this to find a permanent fix for this issue so that users and customers do not complain about it. My customers were calling me every day and about 50 phone calls every day and not only phone calls about 250 support tickets on the same issue. This does not make me look good when this issue came up.

The code above is a work around fix not a permanent fix.

5. Mango45

Mango45 Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for the report; I'm glad the script worked.