Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying SMTP error

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by rvskin, Sep 15, 2003.

1. rvskin

rvskin Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

In exim_mainlog I got '535 Incorrect authentication data (set_id=email@domain.com)' everyday, not specific to certain account.

Most of them are the legitimate users who try to send email through our SMTP and fail. User name is corrent, password is correct, and user tick 'my server require authentication', I know because it happens with us twice in this week.

It seems problem fix itself if give it for a day, but It is very annoying and many time clients call us to fix it. Temporary solution for us is delete mail account and recreate it again. Anybody got the better way?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 23513

2. Wallaby

Wallaby Well-Known Member

Try running /scripts/mailperm

We had this on 2 servers and that fixed it. The error we were seeing is "550 Sender verify failed".

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

3. rvskin

rvskin Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Great!! Thank you very much.
    running /scripts/mailperm fixed the problem. Be caution to everybody, it will put all domains into /etc/localdomains, if those domains have its own mail server, mail that sent from your mail server will mis-routed.

Anyway Nick should seriously fix it, rather than let our clients face the problem and call us to run mailperm again and again.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: