[email protected]

Jul 9, 2005
Belgium
hi folks,

I upgraded to WHM11 now when you visit www.mydomain.com/whm and you login it redirects to my reverse dns entry.this is annoying how can i get rid of it ? the setting

Code:
When visiting /cpanel or /whm or /webmail with ssl redirect to the servers hostname.
is not enabled however this setting

Code:
Always redirect users to the ssl/tls ports when visiting /cpanel, /webmail, etc.
is enabled

hmmz what todo about it ?

Scorpinus

Apr 7, 2004
hi folks,

I upgraded to WHM11 now when you visit www.mydomain.com/whm and you login it redirects to my reverse dns entry.this is annoying how can i get rid of it ? the setting

Code:
When visiting /cpanel or /whm or /webmail with ssl redirect to the servers hostname.
is not enabled however this setting

Code:
Always redirect users to the ssl/tls ports when visiting /cpanel, /webmail, etc.
is enabled

hmmz what todo about it ?
I would also like to know. Having the same problem.

vinc_dc43

Jan 19, 2003
looks liek i also have to join the queue. switching the thing off and on doesn't work however many times you do it :(

vinc_dc43

Jan 19, 2003
as yet the only fix i found was to switch off the force users to SSL port, which isn't exactly useful ... but shall sufffice till a proper fix comes.

eth00

PartnerNOC
Mar 30, 2003
NC
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It looks like in cPanel 11 it will not redirect is there is a custom ssl cert installed for cpanel. By chance do you guys not use the default cert?

yapluka

Dec 24, 2003
France
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
cPanel staff tip fixed the issue for me :
Delete or rename /var/cpanel/ssl/cpanel-CN and any other *-CN.

Please note that you'll have to do it again after a cpanel update until they get this bug fixed :)

yapluka

Dec 24, 2003
France
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I ended up with adding the deletion of these redirections to /scripts/postupcp :

Code:
echo "rm -rf /var/cpanel/ssl/*-CN" >> /scripts/postupcp
chmod 700 /scripts/postupcp
... until cPanel fixes it for good.

A big thanks to Stephen and Darren for their fast and kind support ! :)

forlinuxsupport

PartnerNOC
Dec 22, 2004
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Have you tried this ?

change the hostname :

Service Configuration >> Manage Service Certificates

find servers hostname and then click "reset certificate" - That will issue the self signed certificate for the NEW hostname :)

The redirect to the hostname should now go to the NEW hostname.

Regards
Andy