The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying Window Resizing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fastman77, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Fastman77

Fastman77 Member

How do I change the code in a theme so that file manager doesn't open in an odd-sized window? This seems to affect at least the default and bluelagoon themes. In the stdheader.html file for the theme, I see <a href="<cpanel printvar="dprefix">files/index.html" target="_blank">, and deleted the target="_blank", but it still resizes the window...

This is really annoying since IE rermembers the last non-maximized window size, so subsequent IE windows launch in this size until you manually resize it!

Any advice?!

2. Juanra

Juanra Well-Known Member

In files/index.html, the new window resizes itself:

self.moveTo(0,40)
    self.resizeTo(screen.availWidth,(screen.availHeight-200))

3. Fastman77

Fastman77 Member

bingo!

nice that the way it's constructed, changing one file changes it for all themes

4. pjasper

pjasper Registered

Unfortunately, it would be up to my web service provider to delete that nasty bit of JavaScript code. I don't have access to the source that is shared among all their clients.

Does anyone want to help me lobby cPanel Inc. to delete it? It's such bad user interface design to mess with a user's preferred window sizes.

Paul