Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Anonymous FTP uncontrollable / SSH vulnerable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skysaber, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Skysaber

Skysaber Member

I am really wondering why I can't shut off my Anonymous FTP with Cpanel or my pureftpd.conf file. Does anyone have the answer to this? I have done numerous searches and have never found anything to work.

Also... I know that there is a new ssh patch, but I guess DarkOrb doesnt use the openssh that is RedHat spec, and so when I run up2date it won't update it. I also know that the one we are currently running:

openssh-3.4p1-1

has is not secure because my box was shutdown on Sunday from an Attack. When I try to use the RedHat package it tells me that I don't have the correct components from GLIBC. I know I can seek out the file, create symbolic links and what not, but is there anyone else that has a better approach to keeping a CPanel box secure. Asking for help.. thanks.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...