Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Another gd/GD enabling question

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by crwilliams, May 30, 2006.

1. crwilliams

crwilliams Well-Known Member

I've been trying to get some of the image gallery functions with some of the Fantastico scripts working, but I can't get any of them to recognize GD. In fact, I can't get a basic gd_info to recognize GD.

I went through the whole thing with getting the latest gd (2.0.33) and then GD (2.32) installed, and I uncommented the extension=php_gd2.dll line in php.ini. And yeah, I stopped and started apache.

But still, a gd_info check gets me the usual Call to undefined function: gd_info() fatal error.

I had done the apache update last week, from 1.3.33 to 1.3.36. Did I muck up things with that, or am I missing something else? Everything else seems to be running just fine after I updated apache, so I'm inclined to think this is unrelated.

Any ideas at all?

Thanks!

2. aress

aress Active Member

Enabling GD on Cpanel

Hello
    To enabling Gd support please try following :

Go to WHM then click on Software. Click Update Apache then click Load Previous Configuration, put a check next to GD (Version 2.0.15), and hit Start Build. This will rebuild Apache with everything you had before plus GD support.

:D

3. crwilliams

crwilliams Well-Known Member

Oh, pooey.

I didn't realize I'd have to update apache. I tried to do that just now, and got an ugly error. Up2date couldn't locate the glibc package and that was "indication of an improper setup."

I suspect I've done something I shouldn't have. Unfortunately, my screen refreshed to a 'page cannot be displayed' and I didn't have time to copy the exact error before that happened. On the bright side, I checked the server and it's running okay. Whew!