The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another New Guy... Needs question answered.

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by PSG-Host, Nov 12, 2007.

1. PSG-Host

PSG-Host Registered

Hey all,

Just a quick question (i had a browse through search but couldn't find anything specific to what i need)

Basically what I am wanting is to find out how i can Auto Suspened accounts that go over quota. But i'm not talking about just bandwidth. I mean email, subdomains, sqs, etc.

Is there a way of doing this? I have full root access. I have gone through TWEEK SETTINGS but the closet i could find was something about Bandwidth only

Thanks all

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well, I'm not sure of the answer - but, to be truthful, if they go over disk quota they won't be able to accept new email or upload content to their site - and they may even start to get errors on their site if it is database driven. So if they reach a disk space quota they are going to have enough trouble - probably no need to autosuspend when that happens.

Mike

3. PSG-Host

PSG-Host Registered

Thanks for your help Mike. You have explained all I need to hear.

4. sarhosting

sarhosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi there,

If an email box goes over quota, anybody emailing that email address will just get a bounce back with mail box full. With regards to SQL - as Mike said, a site will cease to function if they are running an SQL database, subdomains again are the same, they will still function but they wont be able to upload any new content etc.

Hope this helps.