Anti-spam DNSBL by BOates [CHANGES REQUIRED TO WORK WITH SPAMASSASSIN 3.4.2 or later in v76+]

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Until you reach 5 messages on the forums they have to be manually approved, so that's why you're seeing a delay.

If you're still seeing that issue it might be best to open a ticket with our team so we can check that directly on the system for you. If you do open a ticket, please post the number here so I can follow along and keep this thread updated.

sparek-3

Aug 10, 2002
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The issue is related to the use of Mail::SpamAssassin::RegistryBoundaries in the trimdomain subroutine that is added in /usr/local/cpanel/etc/exim/perl/trimdomain

I'm not exactly sure what the trimdomain subroutine is doing and why Mail::SpamAssassin::RegistryBoundaries has to be used. Perhaps whatever this subroutine is doing could be accomplished without the use of Mail::SpamAssassin::RegistryBoundaries

For now, I've just disabled this blacklist. I'm not sure how relevant it is any more anyway. Seems this issue has been around for quite some time. Although the recent update to cPanel seemed to have caused some havoc with this blacklist and Mailman mailing lists. We had Mailman messages stuck in queue and just constantly being resent. That's what initially brought me to this.

Reactions: cPRex

ddaddy

Aug 19, 2015
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I've done some more digging on this issue, and the release notes for SpamAssassin v3.4.3 say:
- RegistryBoundaries did not load 20_aux_tlds.cf properly in older versions.
Old hardcoded list is now removed and RB will print "no tlds defined, need
to run sa-update" unless it can find list from config files.
So it seems trimdomin used to use a hardcoded list of TLDs but now relies on an updatable list.
It says we should run sa-update which I located at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/532/bin/ and ran, but I am still getting the same error.
I tried restarting spamd with /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/restartsrv_spamd but no dice.

Anyone more familiar with SpamAssassin and the CPanel config?

ps. @cPRex I have over 50 messages since 2015 yet my new messages are still pending approval.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
UPDATE - this thread was in a Forum that is no longer getting much use, so all new replies were moderated. I've adjusted this now.

It might also be a good idea to submit a ticket so we can check that SpamAssassin issue on the machine directly.

Last edited: