The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anti Virus troubles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cybaix, Aug 28, 2003.

1. cybaix

cybaix Member

I am having the hardest time getting anti virus working on my server since the accidental upgrade to exim4 (thanks a zillion cpanel for warning me that when I upgrade to the latest cpanel it also upgrades exim.. LOTS OF THANKS!!!). I tried using the autoinstaller but only causes mail messages to not show up. I tried following the guide and doing it the manual way but the guide seems to be messed up. It has you comment lines in the init file that are important to starting the service.. so when you comment them mailscanner refuses to start (IE - service MailScanner start just sits there forever till you cntrl c it). I dont see why this is such a problem. Some times I think it would be easier to just go back to exim3 and use the virus package. cPanel you REALLY need to warn your customers that they are NOT JUST upgrading cPanel when you do that.. but also exim. I have wasted countless hours, and would have never upgraded cpanel had I known it would also upgrade exim. Thanks to any help anyone can offer me.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. bennet

bennet Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator