The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any alternatives to PHPSuExec?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SubZero, Dec 8, 2005.

1. SubZero

SubZero Well-Known Member

any alternatives to PHPSuExec?

ie: suPHP? Anyone tried this?

I hate to run php scripts as nobody.. When I wnable PHPSuExec, the loads on the server spikes up!.. :(

2. adept2003

adept2003 Well-Known Member

It may be worth checking "Current CPU Usage" and "CPU/Memory/MySQL Usage" within WHM to see whether it is a particular user that is running a bad php script which is causing the server load to peak.

3. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    PHPSUEXEC doesn't show those sorts of usage spikes on the average system, so you may want to check out what scripts are running. It's always harder to switch to PHPSUEXEC after your server is set up, unfortunately.

suPHP is an alternative, but I don't think will help with these things. suPHP does some things better than PHPSUEXEC and I wish it was supported (specifically, it handles PHP_AUTH_USER and PHP_AUTH_PW passing correctly, PHPSUEXEC drops them and users have to work around it). I wouldn't even consider running a shared webhosting server without one of them though, it makes it too hard to find the miscreant when something naughty is being done.