The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any datacenters which can top layered tech?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chad101, May 19, 2007.

1. chad101

chad101 Active Member

I cannot believe there is no other datacenters which can beat the prices on layered technologies. I spent 6 hours at home and another 4 at work searching google for a close competitor.

Does anyone know of a datacenter (not some small time reseller) with prices comparable to layered tech? I only pay 115/mo for an amd athelon 2800, 200gig diskspace, 1500meg ddr memory, 1500gig transfer – free setup and my WHM/Cpanel was free.

I know many will beg to differ but I could really care less about customer service. That is not a selling point to me. Google.com is my customer service. All I want is an unmanaged dedicated server from another datacenter with competitive prices to layered tech!:confused:

2. erik@delphi

erik@delphi Well-Known Member

free setup ? i'm also a layerdtech customer my setup was not free.The price of Cpanel is calculated in your monthly hosting fee so that isn't free either you might want to look at serverbeach.com they have *similair* prices

3. mctDarren

mctDarren Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are you not satisfied with them for some reason? Seems like a great deal. :)

4. loststryk

loststryk Well-Known Member

if your looking for another d/c then try fdcservers.

they are cheap, you get what you pay for, but i have several servers on the 100mbit and gige plans and so far so good :)

5. chad101

chad101 Active Member

Yes, my setup was free. Yes, i am aware of cpanel being included with the monthly bill. I do not pay for cpanel, this was also included as part of the sale. I purchased my server during a sale promotion 8 months ago. I know what i bought.

No i don't care for layered tech. Main reason is the recent price hikes for exsisting customers. Who is to say this won't continue to happen. The price of hardware and bandwidth is dropping every year...yet they raise there prices.

6. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  7. mctDarren

mctDarren Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Alot of providers raised prices this past year at some point, most likely in response to the coming summer and power consumption concerns. It won't keep happening if they just raised prices. Chances are you'll move and see a price increase again if the company you move to hasn't done it in the last 8-12 months... GL though!

8. kernow

kernow Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You get what you pay for. If you want top quality service, 24/7 support via email or phone then liquidweb is the best i have come across. ( no , i don't own the company ) http://liquidweb.com/

9. Mentor

Mentor Member

10. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Actually Layered Tech is behind the game on price adjustments ...

Most other providers have gone through several rounds of price hikes while
    Layered Tech stayed untouched the entire time which is excellent for the customer
    but gradually shifted them a little bit out of touch with the market a bit.

To re-adjust back to the market, Layered Tech made a one time price shift now.

The current price changes at Layered Tech is just $8 per server which is the first
    price change in a long, long time and presently Layered Tech's official take on
    the subject when asked is that they are not planning any other significant price
    increases presently but then again a lot depends on the market, etc.

11. MMarko

MMarko Well-Known Member

Until you get server with corrupted ram and then trying to get somebody in next couple hours to sort your isssue... well you will care then...

#11 MMarko, May 25, 2007
    Last edited: May 25, 2007