The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any help would be much appreciated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xerive, May 5, 2006.

1. xerive

xerive Member

Hi,

I hope I can describe this problem.

I use an automatic program which logs into domain via an ftp account and then automatically creates folders and files all within the public_html location on your ftp account.

Now this works fine on another account that I have so their is no problem with the software.

Unfortunately that is on a reseller account, I have since gained a vps and to be honest I am pretty new to configuring new servers. I have done all the usual create package, account, I can log into the ftp account etc.

The problem is the software can access the ftp account but it does not write to the account and I am lost!!!!! to say the least.

I don't know if I have to change some settings in the main server etc but this problem is really grinding me up at the moment and any help would be gratefully recieved.

If anyone can help and needs more info then I will be more then happy to give it.

thanks

Darren

2. xerive

xerive Member

I have now found this is down to no ssl support on the domain.

I have the cert / key etc and have installed the ssl support but I still get this error in my error log:

Fri May 5 21:31:52 2006] [error] PHP Warning: fsockopen(): no SSL support in this build in /home/xerive99/public_html/log1/resource.php

Any help much appreciated.

3. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

In what way have you "installed the ssl support"?

You'd most likely need to recompile PHP with OpenSSL support:

WHM > Software > Update Apache > Load Previous Config > Check "Openssl Support"

Make sure that you also check "Skip Apache Build if up to date" to make things a bit swifter.

4. xerive

xerive Member

spot on

Yep spot on, no openssl support on the apache build.

Funnily enough my "tech support" had me trying all sorts of things so I now feel as though my "tech support" is a first year student who is studying performing arts!!!!!!!!

5. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Excellent - nice to see that your issue is resolved.