The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any one converted mysql to mariadb or percona on production server?

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by bhanuprasad1981, May 29, 2012.

1. bhanuprasad1981

bhanuprasad1981 Well-Known Member

i know there is feature request pending for mysql alternatives but it seems taking so long time for implementation though maridb and percona claim they can be used by simply replacing mysql, so i want ask any one have successfully done this on production servers ?

2. eva2000

eva2000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Personally, a handful of my private clients have hired me to switch their production whm/cpanel MySQL servers over to MariaDB 5.2.x and have done so without problem. Only used MariaDB 5.2.x and not 5.3.x. I'd stick with MariaDB 5.2 for now. Currently, testing MariaDB 5.5.

Indirectly, I know of a few folks using Percona on whm/cpanel without problems too in production environments. Personally, only used Percona on whm/cpanel in test servers or servers prior to going live in production. That doesn't diminish Percona's value, it's just I haven't had the direct opportunity to use Percona in production environments as much as I prefer MariaDB.

3. bhanuprasad1981

bhanuprasad1981 Well-Known Member

atm using mysql 5.5 so i think not good to use mariadb older versions, please let us know 5.5 test results eva2000

thanks