The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any one seen this email send error

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sleuth1, Feb 1, 2004.

1. sleuth1

sleuth1 Well-Known Member

pipe to |/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman

seen it once before cant remmember the fix for it , the error is generated when trying to send a n email to one domain only , it has nothing to do with mailman as such. Anyone know the fix ,thanks

2. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    There would surely be a mailing list setup for that domain. Or if not just open the /etc/valiases/domain.com inside your favorite editor and check the forwarder in question here.

If you are sure that no mailing list is present on that domain and you still see the forwarded pointing to mailman, just delete that from the file and you are done.

3. sneader

sneader Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    FYI, I had this same problem with a customer... turned out that they tried to create a mailing list, but they are not allowed to do so (they have not been given any lists to configure).

But if they use the mailing list link in cpanel to create a list, it actually creates a bunch of aliases in the valiases file. Later, the customer tried to create a pop account (actually a forwarder) with the same name, and it caused this error.

I edited /etc/valiases/theirdomain.com to remove the bogus mailman aliases and the problem was resolved.

I may see if cPanel will consider this a bug... cpanel should not even try to do anything with mailing lists, if it can't first verify whether the customer has any lists available to configure.

- Scott