- Oct 6, 2001
Since Mail Only Theme is not good for email hosting Clients to Check Email and Login, Any Email Theme can Install?
Yes there is a lot of demand for one.Originally posted by aus_dave
I'm doing one at the moment and it is going ok although I am having problems with some missing files etc.
My motivation for doing it was to offer my email only clients a more user friendly skin. If I get it working perfectly I might think about distributing it, who knows. Is there much demand for one?
Yeah that would sure work, the trouble is some themes may look very blank removing everything but email fuctions. Take XSkin for example if you just removed all the icons etc you'd be left with 1 or 2 icons and you would also need to remove all the stats and information on the side bar thats not regarding anything to do with mail. It would be a lot of effort to do this, you might as well start from scratch.Originally posted by trakwebster
I need to solve this in upcoming months, as well.
Here's what I was thinking about doing. Tell me if you see any big flaw in the plan --
1) Take a theme you like. For me, that's coolbreeze.
2) copy the entire folder and give it another name; this makes cpanel see it as an entirely separate theme.
3) Using any html editor (dreamweaver, homesite, TopStylePro, etc), just delete all the items appearing on the menu that you don't want to offer.
4) if you need to kill anything in any submenu, do it the same way. You might even erase the sub-panel pages from that folder or name them xxxx.html-HIDDEN so the webserver can't see them.
5) Don't offer your clients any functionality that would let them change themes!
Wouldn't that work?
-- Arthur Cronos from Voltos
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|D||Can't Update cPanel Themes||User Experience||2|
|H||Themes mail||User Experience||4|
|D||WHM Root Versus WHM Reseller Themes||User Experience||5|
|S||Paper Lantern themes per user||User Experience||1|
|V||How to prevent custom themes from showing up for a reseller?||User Experience||3|