The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone found hanging mail connections with BTinternet?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by trevHCS, Dec 10, 2007.

1. trevHCS

trevHCS Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2003
    Just wondering if anyone has come across a problem with e-mail connections being opened to a POP3 server (Cpanel 11) which then hangs for currently exactly 1 min 5 secs?

Dec 10 14:03:03 aaron cpanelpop[5558]: Login host=x.x.x.x. ip=x.x.x.x 
    Dec 10 14:04:09 aaron cpanelpop[5558]: Session Closed host=x.x.x.x ip=x.x.x.x totalxfer=244 
    We're pretty sure this isn't a Cpanel / Exim / server problem, but are a little baffled as to why it hangs for 1 min 5 secs, when last week the same error hung for exactly 5 mins. I assumed that was an Exim timeout?

We don't have this with anyone else and we can login to their account fine (using a different ISP), so presumably this has to be BTinternet doing something....doesn't it?

Bizarely the error corrected itself at 6pm last time (more proof of BT we suspect) and only started again today at 2pm, but thought I'd post this here incase anyone else is having problems with this combination or even found a way to kick BT's backside?

PS: Unfortunately legalities and the fact that users might go to AOL instead prevent me from doing anything related to WMD's and BTinternet's HQ. ;)