Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Anyone have DNS issues

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by psychodreams, Jun 10, 2007.

1. psychodreams

psychodreams Well-Known Member

Ok I just went through 2 seperate fresh installs of fedora 5 adn upgraded to cpanel 11.
    I was getting complains of not being able to log into ftp's
    and the worst has anyone actually done a dnsreport on a domain on a Cpanel 11 install
    If so I would like to know the results on it after doing it a dns check was pulling all kinds of errors
    the install rpm page just went blank altogether

Anyone else have these sort of issues

2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Could you paste in the errors?

3. psychodreams

psychodreams Well-Known Member

lol

I would but I had to go back to 10
    Anyone got a domain on cpanel 11 they can paste there results from a dns report
    you can blank out the domain i just want to know if its working right for anyone or if something wend bad with my setup twice
    Id love to go back to 11 but i dont need dns problems people were having to wait for dns updates just for sites to work after the upgrade
    I had at least 12 red areas on dns report where on 10 I have none.
    Im half tempted to try it again but Im sure the datacenter is getting def up with me bu now I quit submitting tickets and resrted stricttyl to phone directly while having this forum open for searches. Seemed to be having a lot of problems with reloading bind and having probnlems with named
    It was shwoing my nameservers had no A records when they did. ILOL I even tried to downgrade to 10 had to call have them expire the license and reissue to 10 and had them reinstall 10 over the old one. when that happened i couldnt upgrade of course because my resolve.conf uses nameserver ip's on the server so i had to add in the datacenters ip's in the resolve .conf then it had a lot of problems when trying to run and update specifically spamassassin I had to manually get named running myself somehow after I did a tail on the errors it was saying bad zone on the domain which has the nameservers which wasnt good i terminated the account and restored a backup reinstalled bind manually then i finally got bind to start. Seems like cpanel 11 has some bind issues. I would really love to see someones dns report on a cpanel 11 server with fedora 5 to see what it spit out.

#3 psychodreams, Jun 10, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2007