The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Know About This [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sunsystems, Aug 3, 2006.

1. sunsystems

sunsystems Active Member

Our compay has a typical requirement as we are into email advertising. The question is suppose I want to send out 1 email to 5000 clients as receipents what is the thing I have to look out for or what should I get done from my web hosting dealer. If I were to have the WHM control panel what changes should i make so that my company can send out email to 5000 address at a time. :confused:

Thanks
    Sun Systems
    :cool:

2. jsnape

jsnape Well-Known Member

You will need to check with the company to find out if there are limits set on outgoing mail volume, or the campaign could get seriously botched. If they have the limit set at 500/hr and you try to send 5000/hr, then 4500 will bounce as undeliverable.

You also may want to warn them. If they notice 5000 emails going out, they may shut the account down first and investigate second. It may also happen automatically that the account is shut down, depending on how they have their monitoring set up.

There isn't anything you can do to alter those limits unless you have root access to the server.

My advice is that if you have a mailing list of 5000, a shared server isn't what you should be on. Plus if any legitimate abuse reports are lodged against you by the recipients of the email the host running shared server will probably shut you down and leave you begging for your files.

3. sunsystems

sunsystems Active Member

What ahead....

Thank you for your reply, What would your solution to my problem, what should do or what can I do ?. As for the reseller account are there any sort of limitation at all or there are none, because will bandwidth be a problem, getting a reseller account is very cheap but there must be some catch in it, pl explain.:D