The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know how to add MFP Ext for subdomains?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hayward, Feb 26, 2003.

1. hayward

hayward Member

Anyone know how to add Microsoft FrontPage extensions for a subdomain created in CPanel. I checked the Tools and MFP extensions are installed. But when I attempt to use MFP to upload files to the subdomain, it says MFP extensions are not installed. Why is this?

2. gic

gic Well-Known Member

Have you tried removing and adding them again? That could be the problem that Cpanel doesn't update it. I am not sure. It may just be a hunch but I would try that.

3. hayward

hayward Member

gic...I actually deleted the subdomain, then uninstalled MFP extensions. I went back and added the subdomain. And then reinstalled MFP extensions and it still does not work. ARRghhh

4. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  5. hayward

hayward Member

Website Rob.

When FP extensions are installed before creating the subdomain, Microsoft FrontPage keeps telling me they are not installed when attempts are made to upload files to the subdomain. But that is only if http://subdomain.domain.com/ is used to upload.

Now if http://domain.com/subdomain is used, Microsoft FrontPage has no problems. But the user account I created for that subdomain does not work. I have to use my username and password to upload files. I created that subdomain for another user and wanted them to have access only to that directory and that is the problem I am trying to fix.

I appreciate the help on this.

6. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    And when accessing this Sub-domain for uploads, are you using ID: user@domain.com

That is what should be used for seperate FTP access to any Sub-directory. Presuming FTP access was first setup in Cpanel.