Anyone updated the kernel to 2.6 stable version?

allenhui

Aug 17, 2003
Anyone updated the kernel to 2.6 stable version using Redhat linux 9.0 ?

Is there any problem after update with cpanel?

Also i could like to know how to update the kernel?

djplasma

Nov 11, 2003
BC, Canada
I am planning on it, but as seeing things, even the most up to date system right now - 2.4.24 is still out of date with certain apps i can't even get a version of. I would research it a little more tommorow. Too tired to understand how to type |grep version :p

Elikster

Feb 8, 2003
2.6.6 Version Suitable

I have updated 3 servers last night with it and the previous problems I noted with 2.6.2/3 have been resolved as far horde and exim goes.

I am letting it run for a week to see how it compares against the 2.4.26-ow1 kernels for performance between both and security. As for stability, I am not worried since I know both kernels offers it. Just the performance part is what critical between both which I am comparing after a week run.

goodmove

May 12, 2003
Originally posted by Elikster

I have updated 3 servers last night with it and the previous problems I noted with 2.6.2/3 have been resolved as far horde and exim goes.

I am letting it run for a week to see how it compares against the 2.4.26-ow1 kernels for performance between both and security. As for stability, I am not worried since I know both kernels offers it. Just the performance part is what critical between both which I am comparing after a week run.
Have you got a report for us? ;)

mind-field

Sep 28, 2002
Hello,

In order for my server to work properly, I must go to the 2.6 Kernel, however how did you go for you. How did you compile it?

Thanks and God Bless!