The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone want to help a n00b?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by qbert, Mar 13, 2003.

1. qbert

qbert Member

Hey, im new to all this and no one seems to be active an most other forums. who can tell me...

how i get the stupid ftp thing to work because i set up users and i can never log in with it.

how to get anomes ftp to work. Allwase ask for a user name or password :mad:

Is there a arto back up thing so i dont need to go in every day to back up the site.

Do i need to put the error pages in every folder because some times they seem to work and other times they dont.

Is there a way with neo mail so that people can log in from my site and sine up from my site?

i know there are lots more things i need to ask but that will do for now...

Thanks anyone who can help or has tryed :)

QBERT

PS: the hosting company is iminteractive.net and my account is the cheepest one there ...

2. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Most of those questions could and should be answered by the Hosting company you are with.

Have you ask their support for these answers?

3. qbert

qbert Member

they have there own forum but they stoped posting after about 3 days of the forum being up... I looked for it jest then and came here after getting sick of wating.

Q

4. Tom Pyles

Tom Pyles Well-Known Member

Does your host have some other form of tech support other than forums?

5. qbert

qbert Member

email and they dident reply. but there the cheepest in australia buy alot so i cant change. They ansered a few times and then fell off the side of the earth or somthing. anyone who knows any of the ^^ ansers to above im willing to try anything...

Q

#5 qbert, Mar 13, 2003
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2003
  6. qbert

qbert Member

anyone at all???

7. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

go to ftp.domain.com

I don't remember. Haven't used it for a while, but I'll let you know tomorrow if no one else does.

That can be set in WHM. If you are an end user, you will have to ask your hosting provider about it.

Subdomains require their own error pages in each subdomain.

Possible, but requires some programming knowledge.

8. qbert

qbert Member

YOUR MY HERO MAN!!!

===FTP log on===

thats awsem... i got the ftp thing to work (not the anonymous one) so i put in the user name - blake and the password password and the folder / and then when i log in to that (WITCH I CAN NOW :) ) i go to the public_html/jones/ folder and not the public html/ folder like i wanted.

===Error Pages===

i have seen the error page come up befor but it only comes up some times for some reason... when you say subdomane, you mean like forum.domain.com??? (sorry when i sed n00b i ment it)

===WHM===

I found a thing called web hoste manager witch i think is what you ment. It looked like somthing a reseller uses so i dont think i can do that beause the people dont anser.

thanks agen man

Blake

9. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Yes

If you have Web Host Manager, see if you have a "Configure Backup" option. It will depend on how many WHM features you were given. "Configure Backup" is where it can be set to automatically do nightly backups. If your WHM doesn't have that, you will have to ask your provider to either give you the option, or set it up for you.