The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyway to change time/day when log files are rest?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff75, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

Is there anyway to change the time or day when the apache log files are reset? The way it works now really sucks! I have Urchin set to run stats just before midnight. For some reason cPanel decided it wanted to delete a client's log file 1 day before the end of the month sometime around 8 PM which made it so he lost about 20 hours worth of stats. This one client really monitors his statistics and his stats went from around 200/day to around 40/day. I had to explain to him that his log file had been reset which is why it is missing all the data. He is really pissed and wants it changed so it will be reset after Urchin has a chance to run.

I run my Urchin stats without going through cPanel. I just would like to know if I can tell the server to reset a client's log file like 5 mins after midnight on the FIRST of teh month. Not one, two, or three days before the end of the month, in the middle of teh day like it's doing now.

2. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

Anybody?

3. gordita

gordita Well-Known Member

Yikes! What a bummer... I'm now running Urchin too and I'm hoping this isn't going to happen to me. Is it still happening to you?

4. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

Yes, it's still happening. It's a real pain in the @$$. I wish somebody from cPanel would comment about this and make a setting in WHM where we can specify a time of the month when the logs should be rotated.

5. servmin

servmin Member

Same thing is happening to us. Our client is only seeing 24 hours worth of stats at a time. Not sure if this is the exact same issue but it definately seems related.