Anyway to prevent Monthly, Weekly Backups

silversurfer

Dec 29, 2002
Hi.

I can never understand why there's a monthly and weekly backup if you choose daily backups.

The problem is that your backup drive needs to be 3 times the size of your main drive! That's kind of ridiculous. This of course is causing the backup drive to be 100% when only 25GB of files are in the main drive! Compressing is not an option as the load spikes too high nightlu

Any workaround till Cpanel fixes this stupid quirk?

regards

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

maxbia

Feb 11, 2003
yeh!! there should be some option to disable weekly / monthly backups or whatever option you want.

silversurfer

Dec 29, 2002
On top of that, it fills up one of my servers backup partition to 100% causing 3 crashes in less than a week. I am majorly upset. I had disabled the backup for now.

rcthost

Sep 16, 2002
I was just trying to figure out how to prevent monthly and weekly backups. I have tried removing the backups and then setting the monthly/weekly folder permissions to read only but that does not stop cpanel from creating the backups later.

Does anyone know how to disable this or prevent from being able to write to the folders?

silversurfer

Dec 29, 2002
how about if you chattr +i.

that should prevent Cpanel from writing.

rcthost

Sep 16, 2002
Thanks I just found that suggestion on the other similar post. I hope this works.

www-lab

Feb 1, 2003
It would be great also to select what accounts you want to backup.

I have a client who has 2 GB of video and music, my server is slowing down for some time every night because of the backup.