The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AOL Blocking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gopal, Jun 16, 2004.

1. gopal

gopal Guest

Hi Todd,

This is for your kind information that we were able to send and receive mails for these accounts
    todd@toddsilver.com,
    sherry@toddsilver.com,
    888@toddsilver.com
    but we were not able to send it to any AOL Email accounts, because the reason is that Coastinc has absolutely no control over AOL's mail systems, and any time we have tried to open a dialog with them - we are simply ignored... I just checked their sanctioned Spam Block tool, located at: http://postmaster.info.aol.com/index.cfm?article=8
    and I did not find any of our servers IP been listed as spam blocks. Nor do I see any error messages from AOL while our mail servers pass mail off to theirs... What we receive is a '250 OK' status code, meaning that AOL has accepted the mail and will handle all further delivery from there... What happens from there is one of the darkest and deepest secrets of the Internet... Countless explorers have gone to investigate this strange anomaly, yet none of them have ever safely made it back... Sadly, the only answer to AOL's monopolistic attitude and poor customer service, is too simply stop sending them money... I would imagine AOL will listen to a decrease in revenues and bottom line profits especially if a mass exodus were to begin... Until someone with Authority from AOL, Inc, that can actually *DO* something about the problem, instead of just *StoneWalling* the issue, then I'm afraid there is little we can do... No one makes rules for AOL, except for AOL - which in turn is passed down to the rest of the Internet (ISPs/WebHosts/etc...)...
    If you have any other questions or my answers are not clear please reopen the ticket and we will clarify your questions.

2. coastinc

coastinc Well-Known Member

If you would like us to move your site to another server, just let us know.

Thanks,
    John
    Coast Internet Solutions Sales Dept.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

OK, you got me - what's this got to do with cPanel?

4. icanectc

icanectc Well-Known Member