Apache 1.3.32 and .htaccess (Internal Server Errors)

casey

Jan 17, 2003
Is anybody else noticing internal server errors occurring with .htaccess files that worked with 1.3.31? I didn't see anything in the change log to indicate that the syntax had changed, but I've already had 2 clients complain, and when we removed the .htaccess file the internal server error went away.
Here is the content of one of the .htaccess files.
<FilesMatch \.(?i:ini\.php|lng|txt|gz|tgz)$>
Order allow,deny
Deny from all
</FilesMatch>

C

cPanelBilly

casey said:
Is anybody else noticing internal server errors occurring with .htaccess files that worked with 1.3.31? I didn't see anything in the change log to indicate that the syntax had changed, but I've already had 2 clients complain, and when we removed the .htaccess file the internal server error went away.
Here is the content of one of the .htaccess files.
did you use phpSuExec in this easyapache?

Last edited by a moderator:

FWC

May 13, 2002
Ontario, Canada
Billy,

Do you guys have any intention of fixing ming in buildapache? I've been waiting to upgrade until it works. If you're not going to do anything with it I guess I'll just upgrade and leave it out. Thanks.

Bug #1492

Last edited:

haze

Dec 21, 2001
FWC said:
Billy,

Do you guys have any intention of fixing ming in buildapache? I've been waiting to upgrade until it works. If you're not going to do anything with it I guess I'll just upgrade and leave it out. Thanks.
You will get a better responce by posting your bugzilla ID.. On checking.. I don't even see any bug reports for "ming". You might want to add one if you're having issues.

FWC

May 13, 2002
Ontario, Canada
haze said:
You will get a better responce by posting your bugzilla ID.. On checking.. I don't even see any bug reports for "ming". You might want to add one if you're having issues.
They know about it. A lot of people have mentioned it. They already made one attempt to fix it. I added the Bug ID anyway.

C

cPanelBilly

FWC said:
Billy,

Bug #1492
I personally am not involved in that project, however to me it seems as if the issue is caused by an incompatability from ming

FWC

May 13, 2002
Ontario, Canada
cPanelBilly said:
I personally am not involved in that project, however to me it seems as if the issue is caused by an incompatability from ming
Ming 0.2 always worked fine. Buildapache was changed to 03.beta1 and hasn't worked since. There was a check for a library added and one of the 3 compilation errors went away. But, that wasn't enough. Anyway, if it's fixable I'm sure Nick will get it.

casey

Jan 17, 2003
cPanelBilly said:
did you use phpSuExec in this easyapache?
Nope, definitely the cli version.
# php -v
PHP 4.3.9 (cli) (built: Oct 24 2004 21:30:20)
Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies

Last edited:

casey

Jan 17, 2003
Most of the .htaccess files on the servers are working, I might add. php_flag values are working fine. The example above appears to be a fluke. I can't figure out what's wrong with the syntax. The error_log said "Can't load regex".

cPanelNick

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 9, 2015
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
FWC said:
Ming 0.2 always worked fine. Buildapache was changed to 03.beta1 and hasn't worked since. There was a check for a library added and one of the 3 compilation errors went away. But, that wasn't enough. Anyway, if it's fixable I'm sure Nick will get it.
Try the latest buildapache. It should detected if ming incorrectly configured libpng and fix it.

damainman

Nov 13, 2003
offtopic:

Why exactly is ming so important, i've never compiled apache with ming because it didn't seem necessary? However i see so much people compiling it here, i'm wondering if i should as well.

damainman

Nov 13, 2003
damainman said:
offtopic:

Why exactly is ming so important, i've never compiled apache with ming because it didn't seem necessary? However i see so much people compiling it here, i'm wondering if i should as well.

Can someone please advise me?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

dezignguy

Sep 26, 2004
Google is your friend...

Ming - a SWF output library and PHP module
Ming is a C library for generating SWF ("Flash") format movies, plus a set of wrappers for using the library from C++ and popular scripting languages like PHP, Perl, Python, and Ruby.