The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apache 1 and 2

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Namesniper, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Namesniper

Namesniper Registered

Hello,

Can you please tell me which Apache version 1 or 2 are prefered to run with Cpanel and whether if v2 is better for a serving php pages ?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

cPanel installs apache v1 by default. v2 is available in the latest EDGE release, but it's not really stable yet so you're better off waiting until it filters down into STABLE or RELEASE versions unless you want to get your hands dirty.

3. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Speak for yourself! I've been running Apache 2 for quite a while on hundreds of servers
    and running it far more stable that Apache 1 and everything was working fabulously
    up through and including 11.0-E529 with no problems whatsoever ....

HOWEVER ...

Bozos released an Edge 11.1 update today that has broken everything, deleted MySQL,
    killed RvSkins, and basically mucked everything up on any server that has updated today

Thanks guys! Been running great for months! :mad:

(I'm investigating right now to figure out what all has been changed and broken)

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

That's nice for you. However, I was not speaking for myself, but the many people on the forums who have had problems running the apache build that cPanel provides for apache v2, not apache v2 in general :rolleyes: