Apache 500 errors not logging

mauinet

Mar 2, 2004
Maui
Visit site
I am migrating domains from an older cpanel machine to a new server. The domains appear to operating normally. However, 500 errors do not get entered into the apache error log. Other errors do log. I am running apache 4. I have been researching log settings but can't find anything related. However, I can see the 500 errors in the site's access log but no details as the cause of the errors.

Any ideas of what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

Roger

Last edited:

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Whats the Apache log level set to? You can find this by going to WHM>>>Service Configuration>>Apache Configuration>>Global Configuration

Are you running anything like lsapi or php-fpm?

mauinet

Mar 2, 2004
Maui
Visit site
Whats the Apache log level set to? You can find this by going to WHM>>>Service Configuration>>Apache Configuration>>Global Configuration

Are you running anything like lsapi or php-fpm?
------------------------
Log level is "Warn". It appears that php-fpm is active.

Roger

mauinet

Mar 2, 2004
Maui
Visit site
Please check the account's own error_log files.
Thanks for the reply. There is an error_log but no 500 errors, just an missing file error for php_mcrypt.dll and wp-blog-header.php . Both of these errors were also on the old server for months with no effect on the site's operation.

Roger

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Not necessarily, you might also check the PHP-FPM error log in /home/$user/logs/ for errors related as well.