The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

apache and mysql show as failed after reboot

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by rhood, Apr 11, 2003.

1. rhood

rhood Well-Known Member

In WHM, both Apache and MySQL are showing up as failed even though they are not after a reboot. Two hours later, they are still both showing up as failed.

I have tried running /scripts/upcp, restaring cpanel, restarting apache and restarting mysql, but with no apparent effect.

Again, both services actually appear to be functioning fine, it's just that under server status they are showing up as failed.

2. vishal

vishal Well-Known Member

/etc/rc.d/init.d/chksrvd

Hello,

Try running /etc/rc.d/init.d/chksrvd restart.

and do check the /var/log/chksrvd.log.

Then check the service status from the panel. if it shows failed!!! then paste the chksrvd.log results here.

Hope this helps!!!!

Regards,
    :)

3. rhood

rhood Well-Known Member

That fixed it, thanks so much for your tip. :)

One problem I just noticed however; CPanel will no longer create new accounts (pasted what it says when creating a new account at the end of this post). Strangely enough it does actually create the user in /etc/passwd, and create a home directory for it as well though without any directories apart from mail in it, so no public_html and so on. Version is WHM 6.4.0-S3, I wonder if that's a common issue with that version...

User ***** added
    Unable to add the user *****
    Account Creation Complete!!!

4. dwbro1

dwbro1 Member

Thia also worked for me but I do have a question however.. It seems to do this quite often after I upgrade some package, etc.. This time I ran the critical update from RHN and they both failed again. I ran the chkservd restart and it shows fine again.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: