The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apache and PHP auto updated?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by inov, Sep 8, 2004.

1. inov

inov Member

hi there

For the second time it would appear that Apache and PHP have been updated on our server - none of my techs have done it, so that would only leave Cpanel/WHM I assume. From the research I've done it would appear that this has to be manual, but I know that none of my techs have done it. If we have auto-update settings on Cpanel/WHM would this mean that it will automatically update? If so, how do I switch it off just for Apache and PHP as this caused us a huge problem with one of our larger clients?

Thanks for any help

Ade

2. Gavster

Gavster Active Member

Auto updates

Hi Ade -

You can enable/disable this in WHM

Server Setup --> Update Config

Kind regards,

Gavin

3. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

I don't know of any option in cPanel/WHM that allows auto updating of apache and php. This is always something that is done manually using /scripts/easyapache.

Are you sure no tech ran the easyapache script? That is odd. What about maybe your server supplier?

4. dschott

dschott Member

easy apache? hardly its the biggest pain in the ass ever.

one of my moron techs tryed to do me a favor and ran it... ya great i got "updated" to apache 1.3
    wow this is fun.

if i do apache manualy will it destroy cpanel?.... cauz im realy afraid that it will so i might just transfer to a dif box blah
    suguestions anyone?