The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apache build at install time

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by dwinans, Jan 11, 2010.

1. dwinans

dwinans Member
    PartnerNOC

We previously had our server setup scripts implementing the process of copying over a custom easy apache profile to /etc/cp_easyapache_profile.yaml at installation time. Documented at the below link.

Apache Pre-Installation Configuration for cPanel

This was working great for a few months, however it suddenly stopped working and our custom-profile quit being built even though it was copied into place. So we attempted to copy a profile into place after installation time and build it and this has now quit working as well (this method also worked for a while and then stopped without changes to the script) Though we can run the same commands within the script that would be executed after the build is complete, and they work without issue.

Any idea if cPanel has made changes that may affect this? Anyone else experiencing issues?

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    I'm not aware of an active issue in the latest version of the installer. When installing, are you having the install script downloaded (as a fresh copy) or is an older/archived copy of the install script being used?

Please consider submitting a support request/ticket so that we can take a closer look at the circumstances involved; it will help greatly so we can examine the specific situation and reproduce using identical steps. When available, please PM me your ticket ID number so that I may follow-up internally.

3. dwinans

dwinans Member
    PartnerNOC

Thanks for the reply. We always fetch the latest install files. The easyapache profile build after the installation of cPanel has now started working again. We were thinking that maybe upcp was running at the time it attempted to run the build of easyapache, so we put in a loop to check for that process running and not to execute the build until it had stopped. But it seems the problem has gone away for the moment.

Time constraints currently prohibit me from attempting to switch back to the original way of building our custom profile, which was to copy it into place before the cPanel install as documented in the previous link that I sent. But if I do get time in the future and we are able to go back to testing this I'll submit a ticket and let you know.

4. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Thank you for the update and details. :)