The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apache Build Issue

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by mastermind2004, Oct 20, 2004.

1. mastermind2004

I've been attempting to build Apache with the GD library for about a day now, and I've gone through several errors. After installing libJpeg, and LibPNG, I now get this error:
    Code:
    configure php-4.3.9...(--prefix=/usr --with-xml --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --enable-ftp --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local --with-png-dir=/usr --with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6 --enable-magic-quotes --with-mysql --enable-discard-path --with-pear --enable-sockets --enable-track-vars --enable-versioning --with-zlib).... . . . . . . . . . . . Done 
    configure: error: libXpm.(a|so) not found.
    I ran a search through the shell, and found that libXpm is installed, but it is in /usr/X11R6/lib. This problem is holding up the transfer of several accounts to my server, so if someone could help me out in resolving this, I would be very grateful.

2. speckados

speckados Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    The same problem on 12 servers.

Code:
    configure php-4.3.9...(--prefix=/usr --with-xml --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --enable-ftp --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local --with-png-dir=/usr --with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6 --enable-magic-quotes --with-mysql --enable-discard-path --with-pear --enable-sockets --enable-track-vars --enable-versioning --with-zlib).... . . . . . . . . . . . Done 
    configure: error: libXpm.(a|so) not found.
    WHM 9.9.7 cPanel 9.9.8-R5 Fedora i686 - WHM X v3.1.0