The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apache Compile Fails

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by bpat1434, Jul 26, 2007.

1. bpat1434

bpat1434 Well-Known Member

[RESOLVED] Apache Compile Fails

HI all. Using the latest Edge tree, I go to use the Apache Update and it fails with the following:
    The complete log file info is:
    Code:
    Use of uninitialized value in string lt at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdvConfig/apache.pm line 229.
    Use of uninitialized value in substr at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdvConfig/apache.pm line 89.
    Unable to detect Apache version from binary at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdvConfig/apache.pm line 92.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/apache_conf_distiller line 11.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/apache_conf_distiller line 11.
    !! '/usr/local/cpanel/bin/apache_conf_distiller --update' failed with exit code '65280' !!
    Any ideas as to what's going on? I've tried updating cPanel/WHM, but this error still persists.

#1 bpat1434, Jul 26, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  2. bpat1434

(24-hour bump)

Well, I'm re-installing cPanel right now to see if that will fix it. Hopefully it will. If not, I'll post the output and errors I get.

3. myisjeff

myisjeff Member

I just tried today and am getting the following:

Code:
    If the browser window is closed or stopped the build will continue in the background.
    The build output should start shortly...

Use of uninitialized value in exists at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdvConfig/apache.pm line 325.
    Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdvConfig/apache.pm line 331.
    Attempted to repair broken yaml file: /var/cpanel/userdata/jstill09/
    Failed to load YAML document from string at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/repair_yaml_file line 13
    Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdvConfig/apache.pm line 331.
    Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdvConfig/apache.pm line 334.
    Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdvConfig/apache.pm line 337.
    Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdvConfig/apache.pm line 339.
    Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdvConfig/apache.pm line 340.
    Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdvConfig/apache.pm line 341.
    Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdvConfig/apache.pm line 343.
    Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdvConfig/apache.pm line 344.
    Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdvConfig/apache.pm line 345.
    Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdvConfig/apache.pm line 349.
    Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdvConfig/apache.pm line 419.
    Use of uninitialized value in split at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdvConfig/apache.pm line 419.
    Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdvConfig/apache.pm line 426.
    Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdvConfig/apache.pm line 427.
    Use of uninitialized value in split at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdvConfig/apache.pm line 419.
    Use of uninitialized value in string comparison (cmp) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdvConfig/apache.pm line 472.
    Encountered unknown directive BandWidthDataDir "/var/cpanel/apachebw"
    This is release 1802 if I remember correctly.

4. bpat1434

Well, I re-did an upcp and then re-compiled Apache which worked perfectly fine!! :)

But, when I go to recompile Apache with PHP support, it fails noting that it can't allocate the memory.

Attached you'll find the verbose log file... but here's the last little bit of output from the log file:
    Code:
    /bin/sh /home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.2.3/libtool --silent --preserve-dup-deps --mode=compile gcc  -IZend/ -I/home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.2.3/Zend/ -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.2.3/include -I/home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.2.3/main -I/home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.2.3 -I/opt/xml2/include/libxml2 -I/opt/curlssl//include -I/home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.2.3/ext/date/lib -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.2.3/ext/mbstring/oniguruma -I/home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.2.3/ext/mbstring/libmbfl -I/home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.2.3/ext/mbstring/libmbfl/mbfl -I/opt/libmcrypt//include -I/opt/mhash//include -I/opt/ming//include -I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/include/pspell -I/opt/xslt/include -I/opt/xslt//include -I/home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.2.3/TSRM -I/home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.2.3/Zend    -I/usr/include -g -O2  -prefer-non-pic -c /home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.2.3/Zend/zend_execute.c -o Zend/zend_execute.lo 

cc1: out of memory allocating 248 bytes after a total of 16130048 bytes
    make: *** [Zend/zend_execute.lo] Error 1
    !! 'make' failed with exit code '512' !!
    !! Restoring original working apache !!
    Compiling report...
    Sending report (692 bytes)...
    Report processed.
    !! Verbose logfile is at '/usr/local/cpanel/logs/easy/apache/build.1185765240' !!

Attached Files:

5. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

I dont know if you can set this in the compile but "--disable-inline-optimization" should help when you die on zend_execute.lo

6. bpat1434

Yeah, I'm doing it through WHM, and there's no option there.... I can do it via CL, but not sure how to specify that. Would it be something like:

/scripts/easyapache --disable-inline-optimization

Thanks for the help.

7. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

I've never put a switch on easyapache, but you could try. If its not in the php settings (as this is a php issue) then you might ask the Cpanel guys if they can tell you how to insert it in the easyapache stream.

8. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What version of Zend is being used?

/scripts/installzendopt

Open the file and near the top make sure it says Zend 3.2.2 then run the Zend install.
    After that you should be able to upgrade to PHP 5.2.x using EasyApache.

9. bpat1434

Code:
    my $ver = '3.2.2';
    What I ended up doing is:

/scripts/easyapache --disable-inline-optimization

That went through the Apache install and everything seems to be working. PHP installed as a module :( even though I specified it as a CGI.... Oh well... for now this will work!!!

10. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

You can specify custom switches in ea3 as per:

http://cpanel.net -> Support -> Documentation -> Customization -> Custom EasyApache Configure Options and Enviornmental Variables

http://www.cpanel.net/support/docs/easyapache.htm

11. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

Odd, --disable-inline-optimization has no meaning to easyapache, perhaps enough memory was available to finally work.

The PHP configuration will soon be very flexible and "do what you mean", that part is in QA currently :)

12. bpat1434

Good to hear!! For now though, this works. Not sure why it worked, but it finally did :)

13. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

Excellent :)

14. ashokpomnar

ashokpomnar Active Member

TRy to remove all apache binaries and run easyapache , it will work

15. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

Don't do that, its unrelated to the error you're getting and can only cause problems...

Now, as for this error:

!! '/usr/local/cpanel/bin/apache_conf_distiller --update' failed with exit code '65280' !!

That can be troubleshot without even running easyapache (IE easyapache stops and cleans up because that system command is not exiting cleanly)

Run:

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/apache_conf_distiller --update

Errors?

If you'd like to open a ticket "ATTN Dan" and reference this forum thread in it I'd be happy to take a look at it for you.

#15 cPDan, Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  16. bpat1434

Thanks Dan.

This is actually a rather old topic, and I'm no longer using cPanel (I moved to Plesk). While I like EA, I find it nicer to be able to have Yum, Aptitude, Synaptic, etc. deal with Apache, PHP, and all other software rather than Easy Apache.

So thanks for the offer, but it's not necessary for me at this point. Not sure about the other person with a similar issue.