The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apache compile ZIP

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by handsonhosting, Nov 12, 2008.

1. handsonhosting

handsonhosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi folks,

I'm having some trouble with a client and their installation of Kayako on a dedicated server. Unfortunately going through Kayako is not yielding any results, so I figured I'd post an excerpt and get some ideas for you guys:

The issue is

"PHP Warning: Module 'zip' already loaded in Unknown on line 0"

No matter how many times I search in the php.ini file there's only one reference to "zip.so". There's no user custom php.ini file or loading through .htaccess file of the zip extension.

According to kaykao:
    "Having it loaded in the php.ini file when it's already compiled into the PHP binary is the problem. Not only do you not have to do that, you actually have to not do that. This is exactly backwards. This is, yet again, a problem in your PHP.ini. This has nothing to do with SupportSuite. The problem is that 1) this library is compiled into PHP and 2) this library is being loaded in PHP.ini. This is incorrect and must be fixed."

Unfortuantely I've asked a few times what exactly they want done, but there's no resolve.

Can anyone shed some light on what they're talking about and if the ZIP extension is being loaded somewhere other than in the php.ini? On the easyapache build, the ZIP extension was checked.

Thanks in advance,

2. handsonhosting

handsonhosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Looks like if I remove the reference to the "zip.so" file in the php.ini then the error no longer shows.

Weird - very weird.

So now I guess I'm off to check on a test server if I compile apache does it make duplicate entries causing this double load of the module.

3. mitul

mitul Well-Known Member

Recompiling appache will not make double entry for the module. You can give it a try by recompiling apache.

4. outpostmm

outpostmm Member

There's nothing weird about this - Kayako is explaining that Zip support has already been built-in to your version of PHP. Extensions can be built in to PHP when PHP gets compiled, so your version of PHP was compiled with the zip extension included. You are getting the error message because you're trying to load a module that is already loaded. Since it's already compiled into PHP, trying to load it again via php.ini is going to cause problems.