SOLVED Apache Config for Max Request Workers

Feb 5, 2019
Erbil
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,
I have Apache/2.4.38 with easyApache installed on my CentOS 7.6 server with latest cpanel version v76.0.18
I want to edit apache Max Request Workers from 150 to 8000, I tried from WHM Service Configuration > Apache Configuration > Global Configuration , but it will not change even after restart and rebuild apache the Max Request Workers is still :150 , i found that mod_mpm_prefork is isntalled and i should edit MaxRequestWorkers there

i only found 000_mod_mpm_prefork.conf at /etc/apache2/conf.modules.d but nothing was in there to edit there is only 1 line??

# Enable mod_mpm_prefork
LoadModule mpm_prefork_module modules/mod_mpm_prefork.so

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @Rawand Bradosty

I want to edit apache Max Request Workers from 150 to 8000, I tried from WHM Service Configuration > Apache Configuration > Global Configuration , but it will not change even after restart and rebuild apache the Max Request Workers is still :150 , i found that mod_mpm_prefork is isntalled and i should edit MaxRequestWorkers there
This sounds a lot like you were entering an incorrect value. You should never modify the Max Request Workers on cPanel anywhere but WHM>>Service Configuration>> Apache Configuration >> Global Configuration.

What sounds like happened is you didn't increase the serverlimit as well when you increased the MaxRequestWorkers value. You can read about how these directives work together and must be managed together here: mpm_common - Apache HTTP Server Version 2.4

Reactions: Rawand Bradosty