The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apache crashing frequently

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by wazeh, Mar 13, 2002.

1. wazeh

wazeh Registered

This situation is on a Pegasus server... PIII 1Ghz, 512MB Ram. Apache 1.3.20 PHP 4.1.2 almost 250MB of RAM is free, swap is at 0. top reports a 96% CPU idle time. The problem is that apache crashes on average every 3-6 minutes. Only apache crashes while all other services run fine. Some times, rebooting the server will fix the problem for an hour or 2 before it happens again.

Any ideas?

2. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:21e804e61d][i:21e804e61d]Originally posted by wazeh[/i:21e804e61d]

This situation is on a Pegasus server... PIII 1Ghz, 512MB Ram. Apache 1.3.20 PHP 4.1.2 almost 250MB of RAM is free, swap is at 0. top reports a 96% CPU idle time. The problem is that apache crashes on average every 3-6 minutes. Only apache crashes while all other services run fine. Some times, rebooting the server will fix the problem for an hour or 2 before it happens again.

Any ideas?[/quote:21e804e61d]

Try rebuilding apache with buildapache.sea from layer1.cpanel.net

3. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    crashing apache

I have the same trouble of apache on my server which is a PIII 866, 512MB Ram. Apache crashes every 2-2.5 hrs.

Will this rebuilding of apache effect on nething else on the server ? I am sorry for putting forward a newbie question but this is a production box, and i would be in deep trouble if nething else goes wrong.

What should i do, and how do i go about rebuilding apache, please advise.

thx ;)