The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

apache down when user delete their dir?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Jedia, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Jedia

Jedia Well-Known Member

hello, my server has a problam last night, i have make 1-2 hour for that. problam is apache could not restart, at last i check the config ran:

/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl configtest

it show some error message like:

Warring!! Document dir /home/User/public_html/SimpleDir was not created

i create /home/User/public_html/SimpleDir and apache can restart and all fine.
    but i think, what's wrong with this? :confused: i found the answer, this is subdomain ;)
    user create a subdomain in Cpanel, whm will auto create the name of subdomain dir in 'public_html' , let's call thie subdomain : hello.abc.com , whm will create the directory like /home/abc/public_html/hello . ok this is the end. but some times user delete /home/abc/public_html/hello this directory and forget del the subdomain hello.abc.com , apache will be down at this time. apache could'not be restart, or apache was stoped will could'not start! :rolleyes:
    does anybody can write a addon progam for auto checking subdomain's dir ? :p

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Strange. I decided to test that idea. I created a subdomain, then deleted the subdomain folder. The apache test did say the folder does not exist, but then when I restarted apache, it restarted just fine.

The missing folder doesn't stop my apache from restarting.