chad101

Jun 17, 2006
My server downtime is killing me. Everyday I have to login to whm and go to Restart Services >> HTTP Server (Apache).

I have checked usr/local/apache/logs, usr/local/cpanel/logs, and var/log/messages.

I cannot find any errors that may be causing apache to stop every 8 to 12 hours. I’m lost for thoughts. Is there any server script which could check if apache is down, and restart it when necessary?

rpmws

Aug 14, 2001
back woods of NC, USA
My server downtime is killing me. Everyday I have to login to whm and go to Restart Services >> HTTP Server (Apache).

I have checked usr/local/apache/logs, usr/local/cpanel/logs, and var/log/messages.

I cannot find any errors that may be causing apache to stop every 8 to 12 hours. I’m lost for thoughts. Is there any server script which could check if apache is down, and restart it when necessary?
are you kidding? have you looked in the service manager ? you can use the built in chkservd to check any service that cpanel maintains for you and auto-restart if failure is detected. Is chkservd running?

ambrish

Dec 9, 2006
Mumbai

You can use SIM(SIM is a system and services monitor for ‘SysVinit’ systems.)
you can download it form http://www.r-fx.ca/downloads/sim-current.tar.gz
I think ,it will help you.It check for services & restart if it was down.You can also configrue fordns,ftp,ssh...etc