The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apache Log Issue: client denied by server configuration: /usr/local/apache/

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by jayt_2k, Nov 16, 2012.

1. jayt_2k

jayt_2k Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

One of our new servers has the below error in in the Apache Log - it occurs every 5 minutes bang on the same time. 1 second past the minute every 5 minutes.

[Fri Nov 16 12:05:01 2012] [error] [client *.*.*.*] client denied by server configuration: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/whm-server-status
    [Fri Nov 16 12:10:01 2012] [error] [client *.*.*.*] client denied by server configuration: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/whm-server-status
    [Fri Nov 16 12:15:01 2012] [error] [client *.*.*.*] client denied by server configuration: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/whm-server-status

I have replaced the IP with *** for security reasons but in the log the IP is our main external Server IP and not 127.0.0.1 - I have looked around and found people with similar issue but when it logs 127.0.0.1. I have checked httpd.conf and can see whm-server-status is in there set for 127.0.0.1 which is should be.

I'm unsure if this is the server making this in the log or if its someone trying to access that page from that IP.

Hope someone can help

Thanks