jeffschips

Jun 5, 2016
new york
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello.

All of the online tutorials for putting apache logs into mysql address Ubuntu or Debian, but as you know, Cpanel/WHM uses Centos.

I have the latest build Centos 7.6 and wish to put the logs for one virtual domain into mysql. The tutorials for Ubuntu and Debian reference a mod_log_sql that needs to be used for those flavors and yum install mod_log_sql returns nothing.

Anybody have some wisdom here on how to log domain logs to MySQL in Centos 7.6 on WHM/Cpanel?

Thank you.

garconcn

Oct 29, 2009
You can use rsyslog on cpanel to send apache log to LogAnalyzer server and then write it into mysql.

Eg: /etc/rsyslog.conf

# Forward Apache Access Log to LogAnalyzer Server
$InputFileName /usr/local/apache/logs/access_log
$InputFileTag apache-access
$InputFileStateFile stat-apache-access
$InputFileSeverity warn
$InputFileFacility local5
$InputRunFileMonitor

# Forward Apache access-log to contral log server
if $syslogtag contains 'apache-access' and $msg contains 'wp-login.php' then @192.168.1.1
if $syslogtag contains 'apache-access' and $msg contains 'xmlrpc.php' then @192.168.1.1

jeffschips

Jun 5, 2016
new york
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Indeed this sounds like a great solution.
Should I proceed assuming that rsyslog is the standard logging facility in cpanel/WHM and not syslog?

when I ps aux | grep syslog

I only see:

/usr/sbin/rsyslogd -n

so I'm assuming it's safe to proceed.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston

garconcn

Oct 29, 2009
Indeed this sounds like a great solution.
Should I proceed assuming that rsyslog is the standard logging facility in cpanel/WHM and not syslog?

when I ps aux | grep syslog

I only see:

/usr/sbin/rsyslogd -n

so I'm assuming it's safe to proceed.
I remember centos 5 was using syslog, centos 6&7 use rsyslog, they are similar, both will work. Let me know if you need more info. I've played with this several years ago, but I still have the configurations.