kuyenmotdivad

Feb 16, 2011
Sheffield, UK
Hi,

This feature does not seem to be working if I enable it in WHM > Main > Security Center > Apache mod_userdir Tweak and tick "Enable mod_userdir Protection" it will still let me view accounts using the tilde (~).

EG : mysite.com/~username1

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Do you have any exclusions in the area where you are allowing one or more sites to be excluded?

Would you be able to provide the actual url that you are trying for us to test it? You could always create a test account for us to test it on the domain (so we would then only need the real domain name and then a test username).

cPanelTristan

Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
That screen print shows you haven't selected "Enable mod_userdir Protection" at the top and saved it, since that box doesn't have a checkmark in it?

cPanelTristan

Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If you don't have it ticked, it definitely isn't going to work. Normally speaking, you would want to work through why it isn't working when selected rather than unselect it and troubleshoot it when it isn't selected for why it isn't working. Please re-check it and work from there at that point.

After you have, please let us know and we can then try testing the url ourselves.

cPanelTristan

Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

Yes, this would be correct to check it in that manner and save the area. If you have saved it and it still isn't working, then could you list your cPanel version number?

Code:
cat /usr/local/cpanel/version ;echo
Next, what does it show for the VirtualHost entry for the user in /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf? I am specifically looking for the UserDir lines.

cPanelTristan

Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If you open up a ticket using WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature, then we could look into it. We cannot do so via the forum system.