Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Apache module authn_socache

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by rappie, Dec 14, 2017.

1. rappie

rappie Member

I'd like to add the authn_socache module to my Apache build, however it's not listed in the Exhaustive Options List when (re)building the Apache configuration nor does it seem to be loaded in my current default build. (The shmcb_socache and dbm_socache module are loaded by default in my case.)

Am I right in thinking this means the module is not supported by WHM? Or is there another way of adding it to my build?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Are you using EasyApache 4? If so, you install the module using the following command:

Code:
    yum install ea-apache24-mod_authn_socache
    Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rappie

rappie Member

Hi Michael,

Thank you. I am currently still on EasyApache 3. Is there a different route for EA3 or would this also work?

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. rappie

rappie Member

Yes, I do run Apache version 2.4.

The "httpd -M|grep authn" command ouputs:
    Code:
    AH00548: NameVirtualHost has no effect and will be removed in the next release /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:2477
     authn_file_module (static)
     authn_dbd_module (static)
     authn_core_module (static)

(EasyApache 4 is on my list for when MySQL 5.7 will be included, hopefully with release of v70.)

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Feel free to open a support ticket if you'd like us to take a closer look to see if it's possible to get that module installed on an EA3 system. Also, is there anything in-particular that's related to MySQL 5.7 and EasyApache 4 that's preventing you from upgrading?

Thank you.

7. rappie

rappie Member

Thanks, I've opened a support ticket.

I am a bit hesitant to upgrade to EasyApache 4 because of the usage of the authn_dbd module which caused a bit of trouble every time I've previous rebuild Apache. Thanks to the wonderful cPanel support team any issues always have been promptly sorted. However because of this I've been holding of on upgrading to EA4. After reading recently about the upcoming MySQL 5.7 support I figured I sort everything (in terms of upgrades) in one go when MySQL 5.7 becomes available.

cPanelMichael likes this.
  8. rappie

rappie Member

So getting authn_socache to run with EA3 is a bit of a hassle. I've decided to upgrade to EA4, which makes it much, much, much easier use/configure the authn_socache module. (Should have done this way way earlier).

cPanelMichael likes this.