The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apache Modules

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by DigiCrime, Aug 22, 2005.

1. DigiCrime

DigiCrime Well-Known Member

What would cause this? I installed mod_auth_mysql and every once in a while its commented out of the apache config. I check bash_history everytime and no one has logged in and made any system changes it does it on its own it would appear ?? :confused:

2. Gavster

Gavster Active Member

If you have cPanel set to auto-update, it will not compile any custom modules you may have added when apache gets updated. This is the likely cause of these directives being commented out.

3. dnuttall

dnuttall Registered

Auto-update is ISP escape clause?

Sorry to take this a bit off-topic, but when my ISP/hosting service tells me that mod_auth_mysql is not available is it because it is considered a custom module or is a big deal for an ISP to add it and keep it in sync with their other provided Apache modules?

My sense is that its likely a "lazy thing" on the part of the ISP, but I prefer not to hurl bricks if they have a solid premise for their policy.

TIA and best to all.
    Dave Nuttall
    San Antonio, TX

PS..the ISP claims to have 40,000 accounts.

4. brien

brien Registered

it's probably not a lazy thing. installing mod_auth_mysql and keeping it up to date adds a manual step into an otherwise completely automated [cpanel's updates] process. if they have a decent ammount of servers, lets say over a thousand [heck, even over 10 would be a pain], this simple install becomes a huge burden.

my guess is that they are not just blowing you off.

5. dnuttall

dnuttall Registered

Thanks for the input!

As a friend once said: The Easy Things Are Hard, and the Hard Things Are Hard!

6. geddes2

geddes2 Member

Still the case?

I need to support mod_auth_radius in apache and the PECL package "radius" for PHP. What I have read in this forum is very bad news - if I understand it correctly, if I want to support these extra modules I need to recompile apache myself every time cpanel updates.

However, this sentance from the update page in cpanel gives me hope:

"Dynamic modules that were previously compiled into apache will not be removed."

Does this mean that .so modules that I refer to in the httpd.conf won't be commented out when cpanel updates?

Thanks,
    - geddes