The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apache not loading any pages?!

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by sspitfire, Mar 6, 2014.

1. sspitfire

sspitfire Active Member

Hi. I ordered WHM from my ISP and they gave me the trial version - I assume it has all the features working. Problem is apache isnt loading anything after I create a new account. I get "Chrome cannot connect to mysite.com" - the same with IE. I tried entering the IP in the browser - the same. I uploaded 2 test files - test.html and test.php in the /home/user/public_html dir - nothing. Port 80 is not blocked. I can ping the IP. I tried to create another account on a different IP- still nothing. Its not even loading the apache default or error page. Apache is running and I can't see anything in the error log except :
    Code:
    [Thu Mar 06 04:56:00 2014] [notice] Apache/2.2.26 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.26 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 configured -- resuming normal operations
    DBI connect('database=leechprotect:host=localhost','leechprotect',...) failed: Access denied for user 'leechprotect'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/local/cp$
    [Thu Mar 06 04:58:43 2014] [notice] Graceful restart requested, doing restart

when i get in this user's account > security it says leech protection is disabled.

PLS help!

#1 sspitfire, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. sspitfire

sspitfire Active Member

This solved it:

service iptables stop

service httpd restart

not sure what caused the problem though.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please ensure you save the empty iptables rules, otherwise the issue will occur again when iptables starts. EX:

Code:
    /etc/init.d/iptables save
    Note that you may want to consider installing a firewall management utility such as CSF to help manage your firewall rules.

Thank you.