The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apache Not Restarting When Add Subdomain as Main Cpanel Account

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by rmatakajr, Jun 10, 2011.

1. rmatakajr

rmatakajr Member

Hey Guys

We were just moved to a new server and I have never experinced this
    behavior before. When I add a new cpanel account through the WHM
    XML API using a subdomain.domain.com as the main domain. Im getting
    the a 404 error.

It makes the directories and account successfully but it seems that we have to
    restart apache to initilize it. I had another server with thousands of accounts
    that did not behave this way :(

The system admins at host gator said this

But we cannot possibly go into WHM and restart apache everytime.. there has to be
    somthing Im missing here.. hoping to reach out the communities for some help

Thanks
    Ricky!

2. rmatakajr

rmatakajr Member

Hi i received a reply back from my ticket with host gator

I've corrected cPanel's queueproc daemon which handles Apache restarts when it sees that new cPanel accounts, domains, or subdomains are setup on the server. I then logged into the account 'domain' and created a new subdomain called 'test.domain.com' and see that Apache was gracefully restarted a few seconds later automatically.

[Fri Jun 10 09:26:21 2011] [notice] SIGUSR1 received. Doing graceful restart
    [Fri Jun 10 09:26:21 2011] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication ...
    [Fri Jun 10 09:26:21 2011] [notice] Digest: done
    [Fri Jun 10 09:26:22 2011] [notice] Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8m DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 configured -- resuming normal operations

====

I just want to know, how I can monitor this process? It seems that whatever the tech did fixed the issue
    but if it happens again I would like to be knowledgeable of how to diagnose these issues and what
    I have to do with this daemon

Thanks!
    Ricky