Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Apache / PHP update fails

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by gotini2004, Oct 25, 2008.

1. gotini2004

gotini2004 Member

I constantly get this error :

Cpanel::IxHash: Warning, mangling data key subject which is longer then 64 bytes, using angle_bracket_encode Cpanel::IxHash: at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CPAN/HTML/Entities.pm line 450 Cpanel::CPAN::HTML::Entities::encode_entities(undef) called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr.pl line 11867 main::quicksupport() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr.pl line 376

when i try to upgrade the apache or php version, tried all possible combinations with the apache and php versions, updated cpanel, scripts - but nothing..

from the build log i can see :

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [sapi/cli/php] Error 1
    !! 'make' failed with exit code '512' !!
    !! Restoring original working apache !!

before the end, also i see some packages that are missing when checked like :
    Cannot find a package matching libXpm-devel
    and lots more...

please advise

#1 gotini2004, Oct 25, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  2. DaveUsedToWorkHere

DaveUsedToWorkHere Well-Known Member

libXpm-devel is an rpm package. You may wish to run /scripts/sysup to bring your system up to date. I'd recommend trying to manually install a package from yum to ensure that yum is working.

If that doesn't solve the issue, feel free to submit a ticket and one of our analysts will take a look at the server. See my signature for the link.