The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apache randomly failed, won't start back up...

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by n8_115, May 7, 2009.

1. n8_115

n8_115 Member

Hello:

2 days ago all of the websites on my server stopped working.

When I try to reboot the apache server from WHM, this error message shows up (tried 10+ times)

When I check my error_log this shows up, which makes me think it may have something to do with the number of members on my forum being too big or something like that... I really have no idea what's going on, but the line "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/forum/member.php" makes me think VB might have something to do with this.

Also, when I try to connect VIA FTP, the connection is very wierd, sometimes it won't connect to the server, sometimes it does and randomly disconnects after 5 - 10 seconds...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I'm losing a few hundred dollars a day, so if someone could offer me some tech support and get my server back online ASAP I would gladly pay for your services.

#1 n8_115, May 7, 2009
    Last edited: May 7, 2009
  2. lehels

lehels Well-Known Member

Hello,

Based on this info:

[Tue May 5 11:08:51 2009] [error] server reached MaxClients setting, consider raising the MaxClients setting
    and
    [Tue May 5 11:13:23 2009] [error] [client 87.97.97.162] File does not exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/forum/member.php

You have an attack on your Apache. MaxClients is full.

I would suggest you to block that IP, and "chmod 000 /usr/local/apache/htdocs/forum/" than chattr +i /usr/local/apache/htdocs/forum/

Should be fine.

Cheers,
    Lehel

3. n8_115

n8_115 Member

How am I supposed to perform those actions on a file/directory that doesnt actually exist?