medievil2003

Registered
May 25, 2016
UK, London
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi everyone, hope you're all well

Right, i am literately going out of my mind to this problem i face. I am on a VPS and am running Magento on it. I use a data content provider who push all my product information to the site via SOAP. For about 3 months everything was working just fine until i started getting service interruptions, i will get an error show up on magento admin panel if the SOAP process has stopped or restarted. further investigations from the apache error logs shows that the server is being restarted every 5 minutes with this error:

[Wed May 25 09:35:52 2016] [notice] SIGHUP received. Attempting to restart

Now, i know by researching on the internet that could mean its a log rotate but the hosting company after more digging seem to think the server is restarting every 5 minutes due to a coding issue within Magento...

We've turned off the cron server just incase is was a process there restarting but with no joy, also disabling every module in Magento, updating to the latest version etc.

I was wondering if you guys can give me a further insight or perhaps more information on what i can do? I cant open my online store until this sorted.

This is a longer part of the error log:

Code:
[Wed May 25 09:35:52 2016] [notice] SIGHUP received. Attempting to restart
Warning: DocumentRoot [/home/modxpcrepairs/public_html/bookings] does not exist
Warning: DocumentRoot [/home/modxpcrepairs/public_html/dev] does not exist
[Wed May 25 09:35:53 2016] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `xxx' does NOT match server name!?
[Wed May 25 09:35:53 2016] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `xxx' does NOT match server name!?
[Wed May 25 09:35:53 2016] [warn] Init: Name-based SSL virtual hosts only work for clients with TLS server name indication support (RFC 4366)
[Wed May 25 09:35:53 2016] [notice] Apache/2.2.31 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.31 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_fcgid/2.3.9 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Wed May 25 09:40:53 2016] [notice] SIGHUP received. Attempting to restart
Warning: DocumentRoot [/home/modxpcrepairs/public_html/bookings] does not exist
Warning: DocumentRoot [/home/modxpcrepairs/public_html/dev] does not exist
[Wed May 25 09:40:54 2016] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `xxx ' does NOT match server name!?
[Wed May 25 09:40:54 2016] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) ` xxx' does NOT match server name!?
[Wed May 25 09:40:54 2016] [warn] Init: Name-based SSL virtual hosts only work for clients with TLS server name indication support (RFC 4366)
[Wed May 25 09:40:54 2016] [notice] Apache/2.2.31 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.31 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_fcgid/2.3.9 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Wed May 25 09:43:44 2016] [error] [client xxx.xxx File does not exist: /home/admin/public_html/skin/adminhtml/base, referer: xxx/admin/system_config/index/key/4a53ba7ab0fee1c48a7e26f1fa8a79ee/
any help is greatly appreciated,

Mehdi

webhostuk

Sep 11, 2013
UK
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Twitter
Hello,

Have you tried recompiling apache ? I found some useful info on internet you try below :

Verify The Issue

Make sure you can reproduce the issue reliably. Running "apache graceful" should trigger it to crash. If not then there is another cause for this symptom which is not covered in this article (leave a note if you know of anything else that triggers this).
Check Apache

First, comment out the PHP module line(s) in httpd.conf (ie; turn off PHP loading) to see if the issue is inside the Apache, PHP or other modules.

STILL CRASHES: If it still crashes when you "apache graceful" then the problem is within Apache or another module being loaded. Usually recompliling Apache will fix this.

DOESN'T CRASH: It's time to look at the PHP modules or the core itself (see below).
Check PHP's Modules

Comment out all the lines inside your extensions.ini file (add semicolons (;) in front of each line) and try gracefully restarting.

STILL CRASHES: If Apache still crashes then the PHP core itself is the issue, recompiling it should fix it (which might mean you now need to recompile all the modules as well because you have a new core).

DOESN'T CRASH: If Apache doesn't crash anymore then the problem is one of the modules. One by one uncomment them until you isolate which one. Recompiling it should fix the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

medievil2003

Registered
May 25, 2016
UK, London
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm recompling apache now, i'm using the same config settings so not sure it'll make a huge amount of difference but of course its worth a shot. With the modules, i disabled every module that was running within magento previously but that made no difference.

Can i ask, does recompiling apache also recompile php?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Are you using EasyApache to rebuild Apache? If so, yes, it also rebuilds PHP. Have you considered upgrading to Apache 2.4?

Thank you.