Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Apache SpamAssassin Rewrite Subject

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by trec-r, Apr 3, 2014.

1. trec-r

trec-r Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Used that this feature awhile ago and wanted to starting using it again, however I could not find the configuration options for it. I searched the forum and found lots of old posts, but none seemed to match the problem I am having.

Spamassassin is enabled. So is "Global Subject Rewrite" in Exim Configuration Manager. Not sure why the subject is not rewritten. Also I used to be able to edit how the subject line was rewritten, any ideas?

Thanks
    Richie

2. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Re: Spam Assassin Rewrite Subject

It's possible the email isn't getting scanned. Can you 1) check exim_mainlog for references to SA actually scanning the email (the log will show something like "SpamAssassin running as user $user detected $something as SPAM ... blah blah", and 2) The headers of the emails you're receiving to see if any SA headers were inserted.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. trec-r

trec-r Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Yep I checked the headers. There is a spam score. The other thing I discovered is that none of the email had a spam score high enough to trigger the rewrite. It's the simple things that always get me. I will update if it is working.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:

You may want to use the GTUBE test message to check the behavior when a message is detected as SPAM:

SpamAssassin: The GTUBE

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...