The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apache strange error

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by rootuser, Jul 8, 2005.

1. rootuser

rootuser Well-Known Member

Apache is failing, error logs are give below.

[Fri Jul 8 06:30:58 2005] [error] [client <ip>] mod_security: sec_logger: escaped_the_request is NULL [uri "(null)"]
    [Fri Jul 8 06:30:58 2005] [error] [client <ip>] mod_security: sec_logger: escaped_the_request is NULL [uri "(null)"]
    [Fri Jul 8 06:30:58 2005] [error] [client <ip>] mod_security: sec_logger: escaped_the_request

Any one know what is this starnge error.Thanks in advance.

This client ip is same in all lines

2. lankyb

lankyb Well-Known Member

the SourceForge site for mod_security http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=5848380&forum_id=40238 , and also http://www.modsecurity.org/documentation/known-issues.html but say the same thing about the message. Since version 1.8.5+ there has been a fix to remove this message from Apache v1.* error logs, and that the message is unnessary and harmless.

I suggest making a bugzilla report, if one is not already made, to bring this to the developers attention.

Edit: I just want to see what version i had on my servers, and i'm up-to-date with what is out there.... i suggest maybe doing an update to see if it solves your problem.