Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apache Symlink Protection: the Bluehost provided Apache patch is in effect

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by hmibarrylsalter, Aug 25, 2017.

1. hmibarrylsalter

hmibarrylsalter Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I just received this error message and I have no idea what it's talking about...

Medium Apache Apache Symlink Protection: the Bluehost provided Apache patch is in effect It appears that the Bluehost provided Apache patch is being used to provide symlink protection. This is less than optimal. Please review Symlink Race Condition Protection.

How I got here:
    My WHM said I had an update blocked and so I ran it.. Then I had received a high importance error message saying I need to update the core run"yum -y update" and I did and that seemed to go well, Linux core updated (and rebooted).. I then ran update from the control panel again to make sure it was up to date.
    Then I received this message in an email.. And I have no idea what it's talking about.. But security is a big deal to me.. Anyone know the answer to this please?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter: